Tuesday, November 24, 2009

#26 - Tricycle (magazine)

I only include magazines when they are of some real depth, and this is certainly one that fits that category. A quarterly published magazine on Buddhist and Eastern thought, Tricycle could be one of my new favorites. Rather than catering to the new-age yoga crown with fluff pieces an happiness, this magazine comes with articles by true luminaries and masters. The foreword alone hit me with a quote from Pablo Picasso that I had never heard before and blew my mind:

“You must always work not just within but below your means. If you can handle three elements, handle only two. If you can handle ten, then handle five. In that way the ones you do handle, you handle with more ease, more mastery and you create a feeling of strength in reserve.” - Pablo Picasso

This is an amazing magazine, I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

No comments: