Thursday, January 17, 2013

6. Daisy Kutter: The Last Train


Daisy Kutter: The Last Train by Kazu Kibuishi

This was an awesome Kickstarter campaign to finally reprint a great story that tells the tale of a cowgirl lured back into action set in a steampunk world. My copy came with a great signed sketch of Daisy on the inside as well as a bookmark and a postcard-sized print since I was a backer of the project which was a major bonus! This was a book that had been under my radar when first released but I was familiar with Kibuishi's work on other titles and I love anything in a steampunk setting so I took a chance and supported a great artist/creator. Completely glad I did! Excellent artwork and even though the story could use a bit more oompf in places it really creates a complete world with fleshed-out characters and is a place I would love to visit again sometime if a new adventure ever awaits Daisy. 4/5 (Excellent)




No comments: