Thursday, January 3, 2013

1. ABAKAN 2288: Kallamity's World of Mecha Design Part One

ABAKAN 2288: Kallamity's World of Mecha Design Part One by Luca Zampriolo

This is a book I had hanging around my saved cart for a very long time and for some reason I never pulled the trigger on. Luca's work is nothing short of amazing, so it wasn't that, I just didn't know what to expect from a book that seemed like a bit of a mix of prose, art, how-to, and more. It ended up being a bit of a disjointed mix, just as I had suspected, but it still manages to be very good as a whole. The story/prose part I could do without, but it is serviceable, and I loved the artwork as well as the actual models and some of the process/how-to info was excellent, however some is also sub-par. If you have any interest in modelling, toys, design, mechs, art, sculpture, or any related area then this is definitely worth picking up, there is something for everyone inside. 3/5 (Good)

No comments: