Tuesday, October 14, 2008

#29 - Living Buddha, Living Christ

How does one even begin to "review" a work by Thich Nhat Hanh? I don't think I will even try. Living Buddha, Living Christ is an attempt to bridge Buddhism and Christianity and highlight the many common aspects. It is almost an inner dialogue from Thay on his experiences and encounters in both realms. The strongest points in the book are his lessons on "mindfulness" while I think the rest may be more aimed at warming the hearts of those on both sides to one another by showing the similarities. I have never been one to be closed minded on religions/beliefs or subscribe to any one "truth" so I personally do not have this trouble and as a result I think there was less in this book for me. Even still it is recommended reading.

No comments: